1. The Factories Act, 1948 and the Tamil Nadu State Factories Rules, 1950
2. ILO Code of Practice for Recording and Notification of Occupational Accidents and Diseases
3. Indian Standards IS: 3786 – 1972 on Method for Computation of Frequency and Severity Rates for Industrial Injuries and classification of industrial accidents.
4. Statistical Hand Book of Tamilnadu, 2001 published by the Department of Economics and Statistics, Chennai-600006.
5. Tamil Nadu – An Economic Appraisal 1999-2000, published by the Department of Evaluation and Applied Research (DEAR), Government of Tamilnadu, Chennai-600108.
6. Indian Labour Year Book 2000 and 2001, published by Government of India, Ministryof Labour, Labour Bureau, Shimla/Chandigarh.
7. Standard Reference Note published by the Directorate General Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Govt. of India, Min. of Labour, Mumbai –2001.
8. Annual Administration Report under the Factories Act, 1948 for the year 1999 prepared by the Office of the Chief Inspector of Factories, Chennai.
9. Policy Note of Department of Labour and Employment, Government of Tamil Nadu
10. Policy Note of Department of Industries, Government of Tamil Nadu
11. Policy Note of Department of Environment and Forests, Government of Tamil Nadu.